So throughout high school I have tried many, many supplements on and off when the money was available, and saw results from various different types. Although I use alot of different types of supps, I usually tend to venture towards pre-workouts over others. Currently I have a pre-workout, creatine, protein, and vitamins.
From reading different message boards on body building websites I looked through reviews and comments about all the supplements I consider before purchasing them; look at their ratings, taste, effects and cost. Here is a list of the Nitric Oxide (N.O.) or Pre-workouts that I have tried and my thoughts on them.
- N.O. Xplode (8/10):
- This was a great start off product for energy boosts in the gym, although i used mine to help peak my athletic performances in games. Taking this right before going out onto the football field or wrestling mat gave me a boost in the action and allowed me to push myself further than before. Also in the weight room I saw great gains in energy and was able to put up more weight than under normal circumstances.
- The taste of this product is decent, there are better out there and there are also much, much worse out there as well. I stuck to the fruit punch/berry flavor because usually when in doubt, punch it out. It is almost a safe flavor and usually the best tasting for all products.
- Although this one is a bit more expensive than I would like to spend on this kind of supplement, it is worth the little extra cash, and for starting off it lasts you a long time because with this product only 1-2 scoops max is needed for a serving that gives near an hour of pure energy boosts.
- I would recommend this product to any who is looking for a pre-workout as it is a top seller in many stores and online sites, and has results of others to back it up. You can do a few cycles of it as well continually since this product is hard to build a tolerance to compared to other brands.
2. NaNO Vapor (7/10):
- Dont let the poor rating fool you on the effects of this wonderful product. Although i gave it a 7, this product works better than N.O. Xplode. I only bought one container of this product because of a few flaws i saw with it. This is a great supplement for those who have built up a great tolerance to other pre-workouts, and need something to overcome that barrier.
- The taste of this product is horrible. That is one of the reasons I deducted points off my rating. I bought the orange flavor on accident because the containers are all the same damn color, almost vomited the first few times taking it, exchanged it back at the store for the fruit punch which was also pretty hard to stomach.
- Although the taste is beyond awful, the effects are amazing. Yet these do not last long. As I said I only bought one container, and that is because I built up a tolerance to this very quickly, and from other reviews people had the same issues. So i would only recommend that this product be used once every couple cycles you are doing and make sure you get fruit punch or you will hate it immediately.
3. JACK3D (9/10):
- I really enjoyed this product. It is basically the cheapest pre-workout that you can buy on the market....Less than 30 dollars for a container! Even cheaper if you buy online! This product also has alot of ingredients that go beyond nitric oxide and you can tell. When I first began taking it, my body turned red from the great increase in oxygen, and my skin got slightly itchy when I began lifting, and it worried me so after a little research, I discovered it actually demonstrates that the product is doing what its built to do.
- The taste of this product is great, for this I go with the lemonade flavor. It literally tastes like lemonade and the great thing about it is that you use a very, very small scoop of the stuff; so you arent drinking 3 large scoops of powder in water.
- The effects of this product lasted probably the longest out of any pre-workout that I have tried before and it took a while to build a tolerance to the stuff. Total I have bought 3 or 4 containers of Jack3d and saw great effects each time. Easily one of the top recommendations, above the two mentioned previously.
4. Hemo-rage Black (10/10):
- This is the final pre-workout that I have tried and I love it. I am currently on my first supply; or rather just began it, using it a total of 3 times before my accident. It is also pretty cheap around 30-40 bucks for month supply. The scoops are also convenient because even though they aren't as small as Jack3d's serving size, you only are allowed to take one scoop per day, no doubling up! (according to the label).
- The taste of this product is alright, I don't love it like I did with Jack3d but its easily tolerable and doesn't taste gross in any way. Again went with the conventional fruit punch flavor even though I think they have a crazy special name for fruit punch to give their supplement diversity.
- Hopefully i dont build up any type of tolerance to this product because I am falling in love with it, recommend this over any other pre-workout if you have taken any before because it easily breaks any plateaus you have reached with energy, and is cost efficient.
Any suggestions or other pre-workouts you guys know that would be good to test and review?